"When it rains, it pours," really rang true for me this week. So I decided it was okay to indulge in a few glasses of wine tonight to help ease my anxiety, because, well, yoga just wasn't cutting it. And as I was in the check-out line to purchase my bottle of Pinot Grigio (the first glass of which is having its intended effect, by the way :)), I was unexpectedly reminded that, although this world is filled with a lot of ugly things, it's filled with a lot of beautiful things, too. And sometimes, you just have to look a little harder to see the good stuff.
Tonight, I witnessed how something as simple as me telling a man I'd watch his groceries while he ran to grab something he'd forgotten can incite a pay-it-forward attitude. ... That man, upon returning to line, felt bad about making a woman behind me, who was in a hurry, wait to buy her Easter card. So he insisted she go ahead of him, and then he bought that card for her.
It wasn't a big deal, really, but it was so powerful. And it made me realize that there are a lot of amazing people who do kind things every day, not because they have to, but because they want to. The man in the check-out line. The woman at the car dealership who went above and beyond to help remedy a situation with my vehicle. My colleagues who care enough to ask about my well-being when they know I'm not well. My friends and family who support me unconditionally and remind me, when I need reminding, that everything will always be okay.
What's worth concentrating on? The good stuff, whether it's a calming glass of wine (yes!), your dog's welcoming bark, unforgettable moments with life-long friends. Everyone's got something, and I want to be one of those people who cherishes what she's got. Because when I take a step back and look around, it's pretty obvious that I've got a lot. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment